10 Steps for Motivating Retention
- Provide pay rate increases or bonuses for service periods,
i.e., 3 months, 6 months, 1 year.
- Celebrate service milestones, i.e., one-year anniversary with photos, lunch, etc.
- Recognize the contribution of part-time employees with full-time status.
- Invest in employees by providing training opportunities.
- Pay equitably and provide competitive benefits.
- Frequently and personally express appreciation to employees.
- Assign each employee a committed and positive mentor/buddy.
- Promote from within.
- Know your employees and their life changes.
- Connect with the employees' families by sending family welcome gifts, newsletters, etc.