Facilitation is fast becoming a core competency for anyone who leads a team, coordinates a committee or manages a project. In fact it's impossible to create buy-in, set group goals or solve complex problems without highly developed facilitation skills.
This fast-paced, experiential workshop provides an overview of the role of the facilitator, plus opportunities for practice using a wide range of tools and techniques. Through small group exercises, you will gain first hand
knowledge about the critical importance of facilitation in running effective meetings.
Who Should Participate
This high-impact workshop will benefit anyone who conducts or attends meetings or leads a team.
What Participants Learn
(Click here for full Agenda)
- A clear description of the role of the facilitator and benefits of facilitation
- How to use a flexible set of tools and techniques to provide structure to group discussions
- Facilitator strategies to use at different stages of team development
- Options for making decisions and overcoming barriers to consensus
- Strategies for constructively dealing with conflict and encouraging effective group behaviors
- Specific facilitation strategies to improve the overall effectiveness of
- How to design meetings to accomplish desired results
Key Benefits of this Workshop
- Multiple opportunities for hands-on practice and constructive feedback in a supportive workshop environment
- Experience using a flexible, core set of facilitation tools and techniques
- Insights into the critical importance of process in providing structure for group discussions
- Options for making decisions in various situations
- First hand experience of the dynamics of the team development stages
- Strategies for dealing constructively with team 'storming' and for effectively moving teams towards
- Development of conflict management skills for dealing with sensitive situations
- Opportunities to explore typical team dilemmas and develop both corrective and preventative strategies
About the Workshop Leaders
James Rollo is the president of Competitive Advantage
Consultants, Inc. of Sarasota, Florida. Rollo has over 25 years of experience in
training, team building and organization development. He has delivered facilitation skills training in the United States, Belgium and China. Some of his clients include:
Boeing, Xerox, NASA, Honeywell, Verizon, Tropicana Products, Cummins Engine Company, Ashland Oil, Pearson Learning, and Holmes Regional Medical Center. Rollo is the author of Performance Management:
A Pocket Guide for Employee Development and Techniques of Successful Self-Directed Work Teams.
Ingrid Bens is a consultant and trainer whose primary areas of focus are employee
participation, teambuilding, facilitation skills, leadership and organizational change.
As a facilitator she has designed and managed strategic interventions such as team
formation and team improvement, vision and values setting, problem-solving and
decision-making, action planning and trouble shooting. Ingrid has led change
management and teaming projects in large companies like General Electric, as
well as manufacturing plants, major banks and government departments. Ingrid has authored
several best-selling books, including Facilitating with Ease and
Advanced Facilitation Skills.