Our workshop utilizes the Lean Leadership Inventory for participants to
evaluate their present skill level in the eight lean leadership
competencies as the baseline for skills they will acquire in the course.
Lean Leadership Inventory
- Setting Direction - having a shared vision of a lean operating system with guiding principles, specific goals and a plan for implementing the lean system.
- Standardizing and Improving Work Processes - assures that the work flow and
leadership roles are standardized to support lean information and material flows.
- Instilling Accountability - establishes lean measures and creates process ownership by
continuously holding oneself and others accountable for the process and results.
- KATA Coaching - engages employees in a 5-step continuous improvement thinking process to streamline workflows.
- Empowering Individuals and Teams - delegates responsibilities along with the authority
necessary for success and encourages employee participation in decisions making and
- Building Alliances - reaches out and develops mutual expectations and cooperation with
peers, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Change - promotes innovation and enlists others in generating, initiating and
- Modeling Lean Thinking and Behavior - champions lean operations by using lean thinking,
language, tools and processes in day-to-day interactions.