The Lean Leadership Skills workshop develops skills in eight lean leadership competencies:
- Setting Direction - having a shared vision of a lean operating system with guiding principles, specific goals and a plan for implementing the lean system.
- Standardizing and Improving Work Processes - assures that the work flow and
leadership roles are standardized to support lean information and material flows.
- Instilling Accountability - establishes lean measures and creates process ownership by
continuously holding oneself and others accountable for the process and results.
- KATA Coaching - engages employees in a 5-step continuous improvement thinking process to streamline workflows.
- Empowering Individuals and Teams - delegates responsibilities along with the authority
necessary for success and encourages employee participation in decisions making and
- Building Alliances - reaches out and develops mutual expectations and cooperation with
peers, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Change - promotes innovation and enlists others in generating, initiating and
- Modeling Lean Thinking and Behavior - champions lean operations by using lean thinking,
language, tools and processes in day-to-day interactions.